- Does the User Account Control feature really help protect things?
UAC in Vista addresses the lack of separation between regular and administrative users in previous versions of Windows.
- Why won't my Windows system sleep or hibernate?
Tracking down what's keeping a Windows desktop from sleeping requires looking at power management.
- What should I look for when switching from 32-bit to 64-bit Windows?
Most 32-bit applications can run on 64-bit Windows clients, but hardware drivers may cause compatibility problems.
- Why is my USB drive not getting the right drive letter assigned to it?
The most likely culprit here is a collision between the drive letter previously assigned to the USB drive and another drive letter. Check out three ways to solve this problem.
- Why am I stuck in infinite reboot loop, and how do I stop it?
See how to get out of the vicious cycle -- and find out why the problem occurred in the first place.
Have a question? Post it to the IT Knowledge Exchange
ABOUT THE EXPERT
Serdar Yegulalp is editor of the "Windows Power Users Newsletter." Check it out for the latest advice and musings on the world of Windows network administrators.