- Does the User Account Control feature really help protect things?
UAC in Vista addresses the lack of separation between regular and administrative users in previous versions of Windows.
- Why won't my Windows system sleep or hibernate?
Tracking down what's keeping a Windows desktop from sleeping requires looking at power management.
- What should I look for when switching from 32-bit to 64-bit Windows?
Most 32-bit applications can run on 64-bit Windows clients, but hardware drivers may cause compatibility problems.
- Why is my USB drive not getting the right drive letter assigned to it?
The most likely culprit here is a collision between the drive letter previously assigned to the USB drive and another drive letter. Check out three ways to solve this problem.
- Why am I stuck in infinite reboot loop, and how do I stop it?
See how to get out of the vicious cycle -- and find out why the problem occurred in the first place.
Have a question? Post it to the IT Knowledge Exchange
This was first published in June 2010