Alternatively, you can use RegEdit to make this change on your computer or on a remote computer. (You will need administrative rights to do this.)
- Open RegEdit on the PC to which you're logged on.
- Connect to the remote PC if desired.
- Navigate to the following key:
- Create a new string (REG_SZ) value. Name it 21:TCP
- Give it the following value: 21:TCP:*:Enabled:FTP
- Close RegEdit.
Note that the Registry entry as defined above will permit FTP access to that workstation from all IP addresses (as indicated by the asterisk).
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.