Alternatively, you can use RegEdit to make this change on your computer or on a remote computer. (You will need administrative rights to do this.)
- Open RegEdit on the PC to which you're logged on.
- Connect to the remote PC if desired.
- Navigate to the following key:
- Create a new string (REG_SZ) value. Name it 21:TCP
- Give it the following value: 21:TCP:*:Enabled:FTP
- Close RegEdit.
Note that the Registry entry as defined above will permit FTP access to that workstation from all IP addresses (as indicated by the asterisk).
Dig deeper on Network intrusion detection and prevention and malware removal
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.