- Proactively monitoring security issues and patch releases from key vendors
- Prioritizing and scheduling patches in your environment
- Testing patches in your environment before widespread rollout
- Tracking changes and updates to your environment (change management)
- Regularly auditing the environment to ensure compliance with general patch management guidelines
For further detail on these issues, see my white paper published on the patchmanagement.org site.
Other resources that should assist you with designing your policy include:
Dig deeper on Patches, alerts and critical updates
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.