- Remember that perimeter security is not the only thing you need to worry about. To see the big picture, you can get a roadmap from SANS. The site also has many guidelines and articles. Step 2 of 2:
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- Secure hosts on your network. See CIAC, NSA, the Center for Internet Security, Microsoft and other product guidelines for doing so. This includes not just servers, but workstations, too.
- Have a corporate security policy that covers everything including what admins can do, acceptable Internet access and use policy. Have management support and if people break the rules, have repercussions.
- Use firewalls and other perimeter security devices. See info on SANs site, Trusecure (the NISTS firewall guide).
- Check out products before buying -- see reviews at ICSA labs.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.