- Remember that perimeter security is not the only thing you need to worry about. To see the big picture, you can get a roadmap from SANS. The site also has many guidelines and articles. Step 2 of 2:
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
- Secure hosts on your network. See CIAC, NSA, the Center for Internet Security, Microsoft and other product guidelines for doing so. This includes not just servers, but workstations, too.
- Have a corporate security policy that covers everything including what admins can do, acceptable Internet access and use policy. Have management support and if people break the rules, have repercussions.
- Use firewalls and other perimeter security devices. See info on SANs site, Trusecure (the NISTS firewall guide).
- Check out products before buying -- see reviews at ICSA labs.
Dig Deeper on Network intrusion detection and prevention and malware removal
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.