- Is the folder marked read-only?
- Have you tried taking ownership of the folder and then altering the settings yourself so you have explicit permissions?
- On the Windows Server 2003, have you used the Effective Permissions tool to see exactly what permissions the user account that you're using has on this object?
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Folder permission and protection extras:
- Restricting user permissions in folders
If you have a question about managing the permissions of a folder in your domain, this advice from Jonathan Hassell tells you how to set those permissions and prevent users from deleting that folder.
- Windows XP folder permissions management
Windows XP administrators can keep users from moving folders with this advice from Windows hardening expert Jonathan Hassell.
Dig Deeper on Windows legacy operating systems
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.