By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- Pick a simple protocol, say Telnet, and test that it works between two machines.
- Then create a policy and rule one above that blocks everything, and make sure your previous test fails.
- Then create a second rule in the policy that allows Telnet and test to make sure it works.
- Finally, add filters to the second rule to allow the other protocols you need.
- Test everything thoroughly before you deploy.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.