- Pick a simple protocol, say Telnet, and test that it works between two machines.
- Then create a policy and rule one above that blocks everything, and make sure your previous test fails.
- Then create a second rule in the policy that allows Telnet and test to make sure it works.
- Finally, add filters to the second rule to allow the other protocols you need.
- Test everything thoroughly before you deploy.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.