- In the IE's Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Security tab.
- In the "Select a zone to view or change security settings" control, make sure the Internet icon is selected.
- In the "Security level for this zone" control, set security to Medium-high or Medium.
- Click OK.
- Try the download again.
This should do the trick. If not, you can always try to download the software using another browser such as Firefox.
For more information on running antivirus software:
- A proper set of antivirus tools?
Windows security threats expert Kevin Beaver analyzes a set of tools and their potential antivirus capabilities, and suggests that more is needed to keep viruses at bay.
- Antivirus failing across multiple Windows XP accounts
If your antivirus software stops running across multiple Windows XP user accounts, check out suggestions from Windows security expert Kevin Beaver about what to do.
- Patching your antivirus software
Don't let your antivirus software be the weak link in your security chain. Patching it to keep it up to date is as important as patching your OS.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.