- Didn't enable Windows automatic updates
- Didn't harden the system based on Microsoft's recommendations and others such as those at the Center for Internet Security website
- Didn't set up a password policy
- Did set up a ridiculously stringent password policy that's unreasonably difficult for users to work with
- Didn't set up NTFS file permissions properly, which allows anyone to access anything and create shares at will
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Get more information on how to set up a Windows network with more of Kevin Beaver's Windows security advice.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.