- Right-click on the folder and select Sharing and Security from the pop-up context menu.
- Choose to share the folder, and give it a name.
- Click the Permissions button.
- Add specific users as necessary.
- Grant them read permissions by clicking the check box under the Allow column on the Read line.
But what about for NTFS permissions?
For NTFS-based permissions, right-click on the folder, go to the Security tab, and establish permissions from there. You'll need to designate the specific users that should have permissions entries for that folder, and then assign each of them read-only permissions.
Dig deeper on Microsoft Office Suite
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.