This tip was submitted to the SearchWin2000.com Tip Exchange by member Kjell Hakon Leistad. Let other users know how useful it is by rating the tip below.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
You can double-click a shortcut on your desktop to quickly lock the keyboard and display without using CTRL+ALT+DEL or a screensaver. To create a shortcut on your desktop to lock your computer:
- Right-click the desktop.
- Point to New, then click Shortcut.
- The Create Shortcut Wizard opens. In the text box, type the following:
- Click Next.
- Enter a name for the shortcut. You can call it "Lock Workstation" or choose any name you like.
- Click Finish.
You can also change the shortcut's icon. To change the icon:
- Right-click the shortcut and select Properties.
- Click the Shortcut tab, then click the Change Icon button.
- In the Look for icons in this file text box, type:
- Click OK.
- Select one of the icons from the list and click OK.
To lock your keyboard and display, double-click the shortcut.