This tip was submitted to the SearchWin2000.com Tip Exchange by member Kjell Hakon Leistad. Let other users know...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
how useful it is by rating the tip below.
You can double-click a shortcut on your desktop to quickly lock the keyboard and display without using CTRL+ALT+DEL or a screensaver. To create a shortcut on your desktop to lock your computer:
- Right-click the desktop.
- Point to New, then click Shortcut.
- The Create Shortcut Wizard opens. In the text box, type the following:
- Click Next.
- Enter a name for the shortcut. You can call it "Lock Workstation" or choose any name you like.
- Click Finish.
You can also change the shortcut's icon. To change the icon:
- Right-click the shortcut and select Properties.
- Click the Shortcut tab, then click the Change Icon button.
- In the Look for icons in this file text box, type:
- Click OK.
- Select one of the icons from the list and click OK.
To lock your keyboard and display, double-click the shortcut.