This tip was submitted to the SearchWin2000.com tip exchange by member Streenivas Nambiar. Please let other users know how useful it is by rating it below.
Here's how you can create shortcuts on your Start button's right-click menu. This example shows how to add Notepad to your Start button's right click menu.
- Go to Start -> Run -> Regedit.
- Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -> Directory -> Shell.
- Add a new key named Notepad.
- Add a new key below the Notepad key named Command.
- Add notepad.exe as the value data for the "default" string value.
- Right click on the start button and you will now see Notepad on the right-click menu.
You can add any application you require to save yourself some clicks.
This was first published in August 2003