Add a "WELCOME" message to the logon screen. Others call this "labeling your computer".
- Launch the Registry Editor (regedt32.exe or regedit.exe).
- Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Double-click on SOFTWARE and then MICROSOFT.
- Double-click on "Windows NT".
- Double-click on "Current Version".
- Double-click on "Winlogon".
- Select Edit->Add Value.
- Type in the Value name: Welcome
- Leave the default date type (REG_SZ) and click on OK.
- Type in the string box any message you want to appear when CTRL+ALT+DEL is pressed on the keyboard. Example: Giovanni's laptop. Authorized Users Only.
Dig Deeper on Windows legacy operating systems