Add a "WELCOME" message to the logon screen. Others call this "labeling your computer".
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- Launch the Registry Editor (regedt32.exe or regedit.exe).
- Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Double-click on SOFTWARE and then MICROSOFT.
- Double-click on "Windows NT".
- Double-click on "Current Version".
- Double-click on "Winlogon".
- Select Edit->Add Value.
- Type in the Value name: Welcome
- Leave the default date type (REG_SZ) and click on OK.
- Type in the string box any message you want to appear when CTRL+ALT+DEL is pressed on the keyboard. Example: Giovanni's laptop. Authorized Users Only.