Please let us know how useful you find this tip by rating it below. Do you have a useful Windows tip, timesaver...
or workaround to share? Submit it to our monthly tip contest and you could win a prize!
By default, Windows XP is set up with passwords which will expire after 42 days. Windows will warn you of this fact with a message saying "Your password will expire in 14 days" and prompt you to change your password. If you do not want your passwords to expire do the following:
1. Go to Start --> Run and in the Open: box type control userpasswords2.
2. Select the Advanced tab in the User Accounts window.
3. Press the Advanced button below the Advanced User Management header.
4. Select Users in the Local Users and Groups.
5. In the right pane, right-click the user name for which you want to change the setting and select Properties.
6. On the General tab check "password never expires."
7. Click Apply and OK.