Ivanti is a software company that provides IT management products and services, particularly around endpoint computing. The company was formerly known as LANDesk but changed its name in 2017 after making several major acquisitions. Headquartered in South Jordan, Utah, it has a global presence with 36 offices in 23 countries as of 2017.
The technologies that Ivanti provides include IT service management (ITSM), user environment management, unified-endpoint management, asset management and endpoint and network security. The company's flagship unified endpoint management software is Ivanti Endpoint Manager, previously known as LANDesk Management Suite.
LANDesk was established in 1985 as an IT asset management and endpoint security vendor called LAN Systems. In 1991, Intel acquired the company's software assets and renamed it as the LANDesk division. LANDesk became a standalone company in 2002.
In September 2010, Thoma Bravo, a private equity firm, acquired LANDesk. In the following years, LANDesk made a series of acquisitions that significantly transformed the company. Those deals included:
- big data and analytics provider Managed Planet in April 2012;
- enterprise mobility management vendor Wavelink in June 2012;
- patch management vendor Shavlik in April 2013;
- business intelligence software provider Xtraction Solutions in August 2015; and
- user environment management vendor AppSense in March 2016.
Clearlake Capital acquired LANDesk in January 2017, merged the company with a security vendor it also owned, Heat Software, and rebranded them as Ivanti. The name Ivanti originates from the Italian word avanti, which means forward.
In April 2017, Ivanti acquired Concorde Solutions, a software asset management provider. Three months later, Ivanti acquired another user environment management vendor, RES Software.
Products and services
Ivanti continues to sell all the products and services LANDesk provided and more in these six major areas:
- endpoint patch management and application and device control;
- IT asset management and software license optimization for endpoints and servers;
- ITSM, help desk and service desk;
- desktop, mobile device and server management;
- supply chain software management; and
- reporting and analytics.