Get a glimpse inside Spring Into Windows XP Service Pack 2 , with this excerpt from Chapter 10, "Setting Up a Wireless Connection."
Wires create clutter and nobody wants to stay tethered to the wall. Cordless phones were just the beginning. Find out how to set up a wireless Internet connection for your Windows XP laptop in this chapter. Topics covered include:
- Types of Wireless Access
- What's Down the Road
- Wireless Network Adapters
- Connect to an Existing Wireless Network
- Disable the Existing Network Connection
- Secure the Wireless Connection with 802.1x
- Infrared Communication and more!
This chapter download from Spring Into Windows XP Service Pack 2by Brian Culp is printed with permission from Addison-Wesley Professional, Copyright 2005.
To see all chapter downloads available on SearchWinSystems.com, click here.