This tip was submitted to the SearchWin2000.com Tip Exchange by member Kjell Hakon Leistad. Let other users know how useful it is by rating the tip below.
You can double-click a shortcut on your desktop to quickly lock the keyboard and display without using CTRL+ALT+DEL or a screensaver. To create a shortcut on your desktop to lock your computer:
- Right-click the desktop.
- Point to New, then click Shortcut.
- The Create Shortcut Wizard opens. In the text box, type the following:
- Click Next.
- Enter a name for the shortcut. You can call it "Lock Workstation" or choose any name you like.
- Click Finish.
You can also change the shortcut's icon. To change the icon:
- Right-click the shortcut and select Properties.
- Click the Shortcut tab, then click the Change Icon button.
- In the Look for icons in this file text box, type:
- Click OK.
- Select one of the icons from the list and click OK.
To lock your keyboard and display, double-click the shortcut.